Fitting the Harmer Threaded Spigot Adaptor
- A cast aluminium body with female parallel threaded boss.
- A 400mm long taper male threaded pipe sized for Standard BSP onward connection.
- PTFE tape or silicone sealant.
- Wear protective (latex) gloves to avoid risk of injury or contamination during
- Process will require pipe chains for tightening the adapter into the outlet. Degreasing agent and fine bristle brush.
- Paper towels (this last relates to Method 2).
Connecting Adapter - Method 1
Using PTFE tape:
- Inspect all threads and ensure they are free of dirt, grease and foreign matter.
- Apply sufficient PTFE tape to the taper male threaded end of the adapter. This
requires care as too much tape will limit the amount of travel within the parallel
thread of the outlet and too little may prevent an effective seal.
- Securely tighten the adapter into the outlet, using chains or similar equipment.
Connecting Adapter - Method 2
Using silicone sealant (DOW CORNING 791 recommended):
- Inspect all threads and ensure they are free of dirt and foreign matter.
- Allow for ventilation and degrease the threads of the outlet using a degreasing agent
and fine brush.
- Using paper towels ensure that threads are dry.
- Apply a liberal coating of silicone sealant to the threads of the outlet and adapter
and immediately tighten using chains or similar equipment.
- A surplus of sealant will squeeze out indicating that all the thread void areas have filled.
- Clean up with paper towels and dispose of appropriately.
- Follow guidance cure advice on silicone product before subjecting outlet to water test.
For method 1 and 2 it is recommended that a Standing Water Test is undertaken