A new gutter sealing system called, Metseal, which means you no longer need to use messy silicone to make Cast Aluminium guttering watertight is available to buy on the Rainclear website along with all your guttering components, downpipes and fittings.
In conjunction with Metex, Rainclear have developed a dry-jointing gutter sealing kit to give a watertight seal on traditional half round cast aluminium gutters. They are expected, when installed in accordance with the included instructions, to last as long as the system they seal (and longer than the traditional silicone alternative, the thickness and coverage of which can vary and that also needs to ‘set’ before it becomes watertight). Rainclear, the UK’s largest online retailer and stockist of rainwater systems, are confident their customers will benefit from this innovation, the Hydrostrips for Cast iron have been a popular replacement to silicone for over half a decade, and Metseal now offers the same solution for cast aluminium. Rainclear are currently offering Metseal packs at an introductory ‘half price’ offer.
How do the strips seal the gutters where they join?
• The Metseal rubber seal has been specially developed for use with cast aluminium half round gutters
• Suitable for use with Half Round profile in 100, 115, 125 and 150mm
• The pack comes with 20 rubber seals plus associated nuts, bolts and washers.
• Supplied with 3 year’s manufacturer’s warranty (see pack for details)
• Special online offer £23.34 per pack (RRP £46.68)
A brief video of the Metseal installation:
Transcript: Metseal installation video
- Ensure special rubber seal is the correct way up – see Fig. 1.
And push the dome-head bolt through a sealing washer (with the rubber side onto the gutter surface) and then through the hole in the ‘socket end’ of the gutter or fitting.
- Push the bolt thought the hole in the rubber sealing strip and then through the hole in the spigot end of the next gutter length or fitting, creating a sandwich effect with the rubber strip between socket and spigot – see Fig. 2.
- Push the bolt through a second sealing washer (with the rubber side onto the gutter surface) and loosely screw on the nut. Ensure the two joining pieces are aligned (with 3mm expansion gap) and rubber seal is straight before tightening the nut.
- Tighten the nut until the aluminium washers flatten to the shape of the socket/spigot/gutter/fitting, but not overtightened - See Fig 3.
Ensure the rubber sealing strip is compressed to guarantee a watertight seal. Trim any excess length of rubber seal that protrudes from either side of the join if desired.
"We hadn't used cast aluminium before and we were very pleased with how the system went together. We will certainly be considering it on up and coming projects. The Anthracite Grey powder coated finish looks fantastic, makes a striking finish to the roofline and matches in nicely with the traditional slate roof" Glyn Pryce of G&M Pryce Builders
“We’ve been selling the Hydrostrip EPDM rubber sealing packs along with Cast Iron Rainwater systems for over half a decade and demand has grown, so it made sense to develop the same system for Cast Aluminium. We’re confident the take-up will be just as popular but sometimes people need a bit of an incentive to try something new – hence the half price introductory offer”
Anthony Hitchman, Managing Director at Rainclear
The Cast Aluminium Rainwater Range is available to browse and buy on the Rainclear website - currently with 20% discount applied. And FREE delivery on orders over £350 net.
The Metseal Cast Aluminium Sealing System packs are available to buy on the Rainclear website - currently with a HALF PRICE introductory offer
Give the team at Rainclear a call on 0800 644 44 26 - we try to beat any like-for-like quote while delivering the best quality system for your budget/project.