Rainclear Systems has developed a unique ‘save as quote’ function on their ecommerce site so you can build your list of products and save them to add to check-out at a later date. The ‘save as quote’ or ‘save your quote’ function also allows you to email the list to yourself of somebody else to collaborate with a client, project manager, or builder; or just to print off and look through at your leisure before you commit to buy.
So how does it work?
1. Add products to the cart
2. Go to ‘My Cart’
3. Instead of proceeding to checkout, select the ‘Save as Quote’ button
4. At this point you will be asked to ‘create an account’ or ‘Login’ to your account
(This is obviously necessary to save this quote to YOUR account so you can access it later)
5. Once you have an account set up, and saved an address, you won’t need to keep inputting your billing address (although you will be able to change the delivery address if you need to the next time you place an order)
N.B. If you need your receipt/order acknowledgement to be addressed to your Company – be sure to input the ‘Company’ name
6. Be sure to let us have your phone number – This is a ‘required’ field because you’ll want us to be able to contact you if the delivery driver can’t find you or you’re not in when they arrive, for example, or if we have a question about your order etc.
7. Once you are logged in, give your quote a name to help you identify it later
8. Finally save the new quote using the ‘save quote’ button at the bottom of the screen/browser window
9. Now you can ‘Share’ the quote by email to yourself, to print off and double check at your leisure, or forward it to your client, procurement dept, project manager or builder.
10. when you return to the quote ready to purchase, you can use the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
You could also use this to make a start on the next quote.
You will probably have added all the required items and only need to amend the quantities rather than starting from scratch.
N.B. Make sure to 'clear cart' to delete any items previously in your cart before you start.
(We’ve done it this way round, asking you to delete rather than automatically clearing the cart, so you don’t always have to start from scratch.)
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 6444426