Our Traditional LCC Soil System is always supplied in black bitumen finish as per the British Standard BS416 for Soil Products.
Most of our Traditional LCC Soil System products are in stock for next day delivery, however selected items are manufactured on request. The time scale for these orders are often dependent on the size of the total order, so get in touch to discuss your requirements in plenty of time.
The range provides a comprehensive offering of traditional socket & spigot pipes and fittings for soil and waste installations on the external facade of supplied with a black bitumen finish as standard. Once installed it is recommended to over-coat the system to touch-up any scuffs incurred in transit and installation.
The cast iron system offers the ideal solution for conservation and heritage projects where a pipe system is required to blend sympathetically with the heritage building.
- Pipes available from 50mm to 150mm diameters in standard lengths 0.6m, 0.9m, 1.2m and 1.8m.
- All products are based on imperial dimensions so ensuring compatibility with existing installations when replacing or extending pipework.
- Cold caulked joints can be made with 6mm caulking cord and black joint sealant both available from stock. (This method removes the requirement for using naked flames to melt lead on site).
- Traditional LCC Soil pipes are highly resistant to distortion caused by accident or vandalism
- Pipes and fittings are coated in a black bituminous coating for long term protection.
- Correctly installed and maintained Traditional LCC Soil systems can last in excess of 100 years and this long-life expectancy actually makes cast iron a cost-effective choice.
- Minimal maintenance requirements - occasional painting approximately every 10 years (inland areas).
- 100% recyclable at the end of its life.
- Low noise levels due to the sound deadening properties of cast iron.
- Ears can be added to any LCC soil fitting on request.
- All Premier soil products are manufactured in accordance with BS416.
NOTE: We do not recommend over-painting the black bitumen standard finish.
If you want your soil system in a colour other than black, to match in with our Cast Iron rainwater systems for example, we recommend our SimpleFIT Soil System.
SimpleFIT Soil Pipes
Our SimpleFIT soil range, finished in black gloss as standard, is in stock for next day delivery. It can be overpainted or alternatively can be supplied factory pre-painted in your choice of colour, although this will incur a longer delivery time and a surcharge based on the size of the total order.
SimpleFIT soil is an industry leading push fit soil system designed for a lifetime performance. The contemporary cast iron system provides the aesthetic appearance of traditional cast iron soil systems and is suitable for listed properties and conservation projects.
- The push-fit installation means substantial savings in labour for each joint. No specialist training is required.
- 50 & 100mm diameter socketless pipes are available in 1.5m, 1.8m & 3m lengths and supplied pre-painted in a black gloss finish.
- Compared to traditional LCC soil systems the Traditional Express soil system is lighter and easier to handle but still retains all the inherent qualities of cast iron including strength and longevity.
- The push fit sockets faithfully replicate the appearance of a traditional LCC soil pipe system but incorporate EPDM rubber sealing rings providing a quick and efficient installation. Our specially design gasket relaxing tool and gasket lubricant are the only tools required for jointing.
- Quick installation - Significant cost savings compared to caulked jointed socket and spigot pipes.
- Correctly installed and maintained Traditional Express Soil systems will last over 100 years - Fit and forget installation.
- SimpleFIT soil pipes are highly resistant to distortion caused by accident or vandalism.
- Long life expectancy - cost effective choice. 100% recyclable at the end of its life. Quiet in operation - Low noise levels due to the sound deadening properties of cast iron.
Applicable standards and codes of practice
- BS 416 part 2 – Soil, waste and ventilating pipes and fittings.
- BS EN 681 – 1 Synthetic rubber gaskets.
- BS EN 12056 – Codes of practice for gravity drainage systems, internal buildings.
Pipes and fittings are supplied ready to install with a two-pack gloss paint exterior finish as standard, suitable for internal and external installations. All pipes also have a yellow ochre two pack polyurethane internal coating.
Also available supplied pre-painted to match any RAL or BS colour reference. Colour Match service taken from an existing sample.
Pre-painted SimpleFIT soil systems provides the following benefits:
- Quicker installation and reduced costs; can reduce installation time by up to 50%.
- No requirement for hazardous materials on site and minimal down time caused by inclement weather conditions delaying painting.
- Factory applied two-pack epoxy coated finish has a life expectancy of 10- 15 years (inland areas).
- Delivered protectively wrapped for protection in transit and on site.
Many listed buildings require genuine cast iron for refurbishment; replica systems cannot retain the strength, character and integrity of an original system. Annual inspections are recommended but if systems are correctly installed, only periodic painting should be required.