Rainclear developed a dry-jointing gutter sealing kit to give a watertight seal on Cast Iron gutters and the Hydrostrips (order code: GSP) for Cast iron have been a popular replacement to silicone for over half a decade.
Suitable for 100, 115, 125 & 150mm Half Round and Beaded Half Round Profile Cast Iron Guttering and Fittings as an alternative to sealant. Hydrostrip offers a faster and cleaner solution to gutter jointing than traditional mastic jointing sealants.
The patented EPMD rubber strips are expected, when installed as designed to be, to last as long as the system they seal and longer than the traditional silicone sealant alternative, the thickness and coverage of which can vary and also needs to set before it becomes watertight.
Each pack contains 20no. specially designed EPMD rubber strips, 20no. M6 x 25 dome head bolts and 20no. M6 square nuts
Watch the brief video:
or read the transcript:
- From above push dome-head bolt through spigot (male) end of gutter length, angle or outlet) and into hole within rubber strip which you should locate underneath guttering (either way up works but leaving the bolt's thread sticking up inside may snag leaves & debris interrupting flow to the downpipes, while this this ‘excess’ bolt thread can more easily be cut off from the underside of the gutter)
- with socket end (female) of guttering underneath rubber strip (creating a sandwich effect), push bolt through to underside of guttering
- allowing a 3mm expansion gap lengthwise between gutter lengths, angles or outlets, fix and loosely tighten square nut onto underside of guttering
- Before tightening nut, ensure rubber strip is ‘square’ and free from obstruction or debris. Now tighten fully and ensure strip has compressed providing a water-tight seal
- Trim excess rubber strip with a sharp knife at edges creating a flush joint with guttering edge
- Optional: Cut any excess thread of the bolt flush to the square nut and coat with matching touch-up paint.